Hi! I'm a member and first time chicken mom

LulaBellLayers

Hatching
Mar 20, 2016
Tennessee
I've been silently stalking the forums and collecting valuable information over the past couple of weeks, so I figured it's time I introduce myself and become a more active member in the community. I am more than a little obsessed with my new tiny crew (six ISA Brown pullet chicks) and I want to make sure I am doing things the right way from the very start. We are currently in the construction process of our coop while the girls are doing their thing in the brooder. We are actually repurposing our children's old play house into what we hope will be a really awesome chicken coop. We are hoping to have everything finished in time so that they will be ready to move from brooder to coop on schedule. There is still so much for us to learn! I don't think we could do it without BYC. I'm so glad to have such a wonderful resource at my fingertips. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I hope that in the future I will be contributing some awesome chicken knowledge of my own.

Last edited:
We have 4 ISA Browns and we just love them, they are the sweetest things! We've had them now for about a year and they are amazing egg layers. I hope all goes well with your chicks and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! (I also think that your coop sounds very cool!)

Hello! We have four full-grown ISA Brown hens and we just love them! They are amazing egg layers and super sweet! I hope all goes well with your little chicks and don't hesitate to ask questions. Your coop also sounds very cool!

I'm glad to hear that you are loving your ISA browns! I chose the breed because they seemed like they would be perfect for us as beginners. The chicks are very friendly and not at all afraid of us. They will hop right into my hand. I'm looking forward to watching them grow up.

Do you happen to know how to edit posts? I posted from my phone and made a few errors in my intro post and its driving me crazy.

I've been silently stalking the forums and collecting valuable information over the past couple of weeks, so I figured it's time I introduce myself and become a more active member in the community. I am more than a little obsessed with my ne tiny crew (six ISA Brown pullet chicks) and I want to make sure I am doing things the right way from the very start. We are currently in the construction process of our coop while the girls are doing their thing in the brooder. We are actually repurposing our children's old play house into what we hope will be a really awesome chicken coop. We are hoping to have everything finished is time so that they will be ready to move from brooder to coop on schedule. There is still so much for us to learn! I don't think we could do it without BYC. I'm so glad to have such a wonderful resource at my fingertips. I look forward to getting to know everyone and I hope that in the future I will be contributing some awesome chicken knowledge of my own.

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC. I'm glad to hear that you have found this site helpful - long may that continue! Its great that you plan to contribute to BYC - thats what we need. The more, the merrier
smile.png

All the best
CT

I only know how to edit posts from the pc, don't have a cell phone. Maybe they aren't the same. On the computer version you will see a pencil icon below your post. If you click on that it will allow you to edit your post in any way you wish. When you are done hit submit and your revised copy will show up. Or if ever want to remove accidental double posts, you can just clear it out.

Back
Top Bottom