Hi I'm Foglong

foglong

In the Brooder
Mar 14, 2017
Sciota PA
I've been involved with chickens for 3 months now. I picked up 6 ISA brown chics in April from my local tractor supply near Sciota PA.

I builted them a nice 5 x 8 coop, 12 inches raised above the ground so they can go there and stay dry or cool during summer months. 2 roosting bars, and a 7x8x4 wire mesh run. I've predator proved the coop windows with 14 guage pvc coated wire mesh around the window, because I keep both windows open to keep it cool for them. I bought and laid out 3 feet off 14 guage pvc coated wire mesh from the floor and perimeter of the run and coop to keep predators from digging in. I Installed an automatic door which I set to open at 7am and close at 9pm, testing. This setting for now. I'm feeding them grower feed brand DuMor, but I'm looking in making my own feed mix from organic grains etc. however, I'm still in the research stage to learn more. I welcome any great advice escpially about nutrition and health....

Attachments

• IMG_2170.JPG
    IMG_2170.JPG
    627.2 KB · Views: 7
:welcome so glad you dropped in the coop looks great very cute the site is loaded with so much to learn even us old timers had to re learn but Welcome join in your state thread and any other that tips your interest

:welcome so glad you dropped in the coop looks great very cute the site is loaded with so much to learn even us old timers had to re learn but Welcome join in your state thread and any other that tips your interest
Thanks... I'm so glad to be part of this forum, and have the ability to learn more from everyone's experience...

Back
Top Bottom