Hi, I'm new... Fox in the Henhouse!

Quote:
Thanks! I know, it doesn't seem like there are many around here. I see them more North of Here or down near Georgia, but not here where we are. Nice to know you're around! What types of chickens are you raising?

I've got black sexlinks, barred rocks, bantam partridge cochins, a few silkies, 2 rir rooster, 2 naked necks, 2 EEs, and ameracaunas on the way. I've also got penedesenca eggs in the hatcher, but not looking so good...

Quote:
Thanks! I know, it doesn't seem like there are many around here. I see them more North of Here or down near Georgia, but not here where we are. Nice to know you're around! What types of chickens are you raising?

I've got black sexlinks, barred rocks, bantam partridge cochins, a few silkies, 2 rir rooster, 2 naked necks, 2 EEs, and ameracaunas on the way. I've also got penedesenca eggs in the hatcher, but not looking so good...

How has your egg production been? Ours has been great. No slow down so far. I am not at all familiar with the Penedesenca. I will have to look that up! I was thinking of adding some chochins to the flock. I hear they are sweet chickens. Mom is all about egg laying.
smile.png
I like both egg layers and friendly chickens.

Thanks for sharing about your chickens.

Hi there and welcome to BYC. We do not mind a fox in this henhouse but you start going after our chickens and we will be forced to trap you and then beat you real good.
gig.gif

Love your spoiled chickens...

Quote:
Ok... I will be sure not to go after any of the chickens here... unless they are on the swap/sell board!
lol.png

Quote:

How has your egg production been? Ours has been great. No slow down so far. I am not at all familiar with the Penedesenca. I will have to look that up! I was thinking of adding some chochins to the flock. I hear they are sweet chickens. Mom is all about egg laying.
smile.png

Ours have just started laying, for about 3 weeks or so. Out of 20 pullets, we are getting about 10 or 11 eggs a day. So, we are getting there.

Yeah, the little banty cochins are so sweet. Mine just started laying yesterday. Hopefully, I'll have some to sell come spring.

Quote:
smile.png

Ours have just started laying, for about 3 weeks or so. Out of 20 pullets, we are getting about 10 or 11 eggs a day. So, we are getting there.

Yeah, the little banty cochins are so sweet. Mine just started laying yesterday. Hopefully, I'll have some to sell come spring.

When they first start laying it can be a little slower, plus yours are starting with the weather cooling and that might play a role too. I hope you get some great production in the days ahead. It would be fun to get some cochin eggs from you in the spring. Maybe we could trade some eggs!
smile.png
No mailing involved, we could always meet at Wal-mart.
smile.png
Of course my Silkie isn't laying yet, and I'm not sure you would want Comet/Silkie mixes, but I could always buy some of yours. I think cochins look so cute.

Back
Top Bottom