1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi I'm new here

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TerriLaChicks, Apr 25, 2008.

1. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    After having a small flock of hens years ago, I recently decided to get back into the game. Thanks to the wonders of the internet, I stumbled across this group---fantastic information!

Currently have 18 standard blue cochins in our homemade incubator, due to hatch May 10th.

Next week, have 2 cuckoo marans, 2 easter eggers, 1 blue andalusian & 1 black orp coming from Meyer hatchery.

We live on our little 10 acres of heaven in central Louisiana along w/3 dogs & 3 cats.

2. greyhorsewoman

greyhorsewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    Endless Mts, NE PA
    Welcome TerriLa,

I'm still pretty new here myself. Also stumbled on this site when I went looking for more chicken information.

We also have had small flocks off and on for many years, though I've only had hatching done by some broody bantam hens!

Now we hope to get into free range egg production, so we recently added blk star, plus 25 cochin-bantams (for the barnyard) we got from McMurray in March.

After reading this BB & chatting, I'm going to try my own hand at incubating! This site is addictive, beware!

3. farm_mom

farm_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    MI
    [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Welcome to BYC. We could always use another Hatchaholic!

5. QueenieBee

QueenieBee Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Hello and welcome. [​IMG]

I'm pretty new here myself. This is a fantastic place to meet other chicken-a-holics.

6. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    welcome!

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Welcome to BYC. [​IMG]

8. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Hey, welcome to BYC. Glad to have some more fine LA folks on here with the rest of us.

9. abChicken

abChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Gaston County N.C.
    [​IMG] Im also fairly new here I havent had chickens for years also now I have to many:old

10. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome aboard to one of the friendliest boads around! Good luck on your hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by