Hi! I'm new here.

John Hillyard

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 24, 2014
louisiana
I'm in my first year of raising back yard chickens and am working with my mom on it who has previous experience. Together we have rhode Island reds, french black copper marans, Lemon cuckoo orpingtons, gold laced polish, mille fleur d'uccle bantsms, crele old english game bantams, blue dutch bantams. And turkeys ducks and rabbits on the side. I am wanting to add dwarf olandsk and chocolate orpingtons to my homestead. So if you can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

images

Welcome to BYC!

Wow, you have a very colorful flock! Interesting looking breeds too. You might want to chat with other members in your state thread in hopes of finding a local breeder or someone that knows where you can get these birds...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

You can also check our Buy Sell and Trade section for possible breeders of these breeds as well....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/67/buy-sell-trade

Make yourself at home here on BYC and welcome to our flock!

Glad to have you in the flock. You have an interesting collection of breeds hope you get the other breeds you are seeking.

Thanks everyone and thanks two crow I will check into those I have found someone with the dwarf olandsk eggs and am hoping to add them in the next couple months. Light chick I have several of each breed the standard breeds I have 1 roo and 2 or 3 hens. The bantam breeds we have 8 of each not sure on sex yet. The polish we have 5 of and I'm thinking to roos and 3 hens they are just really getting so you can tell. The turkeys are bronze breast and are for the holiday dinners this year. I am going to pick up bourbon reds tomorrow and them I plan to breed for a meat source. I have 5 Pekin ducks not sure on sex yet and 1 mallard and 1 khaki campbell. They are pets. We also raise meat rabbits. I love the orpington breed and the chocolates look amazing.

Back
Top Bottom