Hi, I'm new here....

Thanks everybody !!!
Ok now I have a question, I have Cochin eggs in incubator... Today is day 24 I had 1 hatch yesterday but nothing not even a pip in the others except one who gave up
1f625.png
I couldn't help myself so I candled.... Think I saw movement in 2 more ( I look at them so much I think I can actually make them move with my eyes ) our power went out a day or two before lock down for about 6 hours while we slept. My wonderful husband got out the generator and we got it going again ( eggs were chilly ) should I just keep on keep in' on and wait a few more days ????

You've got a nice mixed flock. The first breed I ever had were Light Brahmas (about 50 years ago) and they were gentle giants. Ameraucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers as true Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's favorites. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. Both Black Sex Links and Red Sex Links are egg laying machines. Are your sex links Black or Red Sex Links?

Oops... She is a red... I don't think she lays anymore she is probably about 4 yrs old if not older... She is very sweet and likes to go in the nesting box and sit for a long time and then jump out like she laid an egg but there is never an egg. She is silly but I love her. She is one I will keep forever

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck with your birds!

Back
Top Bottom