Hi I'm New To BYC From Northern California

Brandi Lee

Chirping
Dec 31, 2017
Northern California
Hi My Name is Brandi,
I'm new to BYC (Back Yard Chickens) I'm going to be purchasing my first chickens in April and they are due to arrive in May. My flock will consist of 9 female white sultans along with 1 male white sultan rooster, 5 polish females: 2 buff laced polish, 2 white crested blue, and a single silver laced polish along with 1 white crested blue male rooster. They will be just day old chicks that I am going to raise as pet purposes only, I'm not going to breed or anything of that sort. They will be for just eggs and pet purposes. I'm hoping to find sexed silkie chicks that I could add to my flock as well, I'm hoping to meet others with the same interests in raising chickens as pets as I have. I'm looking to learn all I can about proper care and housing facilities for backyard chickens, I'm also looking to meet other chicken lovers and chicken enthusiasts.

G’Day from down under Brandi :frow Welcome!

You might be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has an active Silkie Thread and also has a Learning Centre and Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Hi My Name is Brandi,
I'm new to BYC (Back Yard Chickens) I'm going to be purchasing my first chickens in April and they are due to arrive in May. My flock will consist of 9 female white sultans along with 1 male white sultan rooster, 5 polish females: 2 buff laced polish, 2 white crested blue, and a single silver laced polish along with 1 white crested blue male rooster. They will be just day old chicks that I am going to raise as pet purposes only, I'm not going to breed or anything of that sort. They will be for just eggs and pet purposes. I'm hoping to find sexed silkie chicks that I could add to my flock as well, I'm hoping to meet others with the same interests in raising chickens as pets as I have. I'm looking to learn all I can about proper care and housing facilities for backyard chickens, I'm also looking to meet other chicken lovers and chicken enthusiasts.
:frow:welcome :frow

Hi My Name is Brandi,

hey Brandi Welcome to Backyard Chickens glad you found us even better you joined us

Back
Top Bottom