hi I'm new with a qusetion

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by beth_e_s, Jun 6, 2010.

1. beth_e_s

beth_e_s New Egg

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    Hi I am new to this forum. I was looking on google for an answer to a question and found the forum. I raise chickens as part of my farm (I raise nubian and nubian/boer cross goats) and to sell eggs. I like to have lots of different breeds around so that the egg cartons are colorful when filled with eggs. I just got 20 hen chicks and an excited to see what they look like when they are grown. Always have a few banties running around too just for more fun. My question: when I was on craigslist someone had a listing for EE roosters I was wondering what the EE stood for? thanks

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Easter Egger Blue, Green & Pink Eggs. Not a true Araucana or Ameracauna(sp?)

Sorry..... WELCOME TO BYC!! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
  3. beth_e_s

beth_e_s New Egg

Jun 6, 2010
    Michigan
    thank you. my ameracauna's are my favorite regular sized hens. this years hens are producing more blue eggs than green ones like last years hens. I have yet to get a pink one, unless they look more like pale brown eggs and I am mistaking them for light brown eggs.

4. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

Yes, it's easy to mistake pink for light brown. I always have a dozen or so EE's running around. Mine lay only blue & green though.

5. Supermommy486

Supermommy486 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2010
    South Central Texas
    [​IMG] Easter Egger's are pretty cool.

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG] Easter Eggers are great birds. [​IMG]

7. Ewe Mama2

Ewe Mama2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Northeastern Ohio
    Welcome!

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by