Hi! I'm new!

MayoShawna

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 20, 2013
Lizana Mississippi
New here and new at chickens! But I've got six acres so why waste them?! Looking forward to learning from y'all and having some fine feathered friends!
I currently have 1 little chick and she is sweet as can be. I have no clue what she is. I would guess Mixed Breed and somewhere around 8 weeks old.

Shawna Mayo
Lizana, MIssissippi

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
That's a lovely little thing. You should get her a friend or 2 for company though. Chickens are social creatures and much happier with company of their own kind. Enjoy the site!

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been trying to find Fluff some friends but no one local has any that are around her size right now. Well, one guy does but I'm not a particular fan of Silkies. I really am trying though! I know my little Fluff is lonely! :(

You could get her a friend that is a bit younger or older than her. Chicks of different ages usually get along very well. It's when they grow up that they get full of nonsense! I hope you find her a friend soon. She'll be so happy!

Yeah, sadly the only ones I have been able to find are either itty bitty chicks or fully grown. And I don't have power to my coop so I can have itty bitties. :( up shot is it never gets too terribly cold here but I still think the cool fall nights would be too much for a baby.

Back
Top Bottom