1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hi I'm Splash Down, what am I? I hang out with Nugget, Sparkle, & Blue

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WriterofWords, Oct 3, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is Splash Down, he got his name when he was younger because he would jump off the fence and almost always land in the duck pond. He is creamy white, bronze, green, and beautiful with almost green eyes.
    [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Oooh, he's handsome! He looks alot like a black sexlink rooster. They have barring and usually a green feather or two in the tail. Could be just another something mixed with Barred Rock, though.

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I just wish I knew who the egg came from! He was a classroom hatch that stayed with me. He has a few green feathers in his tail that are like hi-lites and just beautiful. He is a lot paler than most of the others in his legs, comb, and wattles. Very hefty too, and big. Wonderful temperment and personality. Of course I think all my feathered kids are like that. They are so spoiled it's not even funny.

4. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

We have a rooster named nugget!! He was hatched with his leg folded backwards. DH was out of town and I couldn't kill him so I was waiting for him to expire on his own. He is two years old now LOL!!! He's just kind of the farm mascot, can't do much, ain't worth nothing. Oh yeah, pretty bird!

5. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    He's worth a ton of chicken love!

6. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    He's a pretty boy. I wonder if maybe some Delaware in his background.

7. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Maybe Delaware crossed to Barred Rock? Or Barred Rock to Black Sex-link?

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    So that makes him a Barred Sexy Delaware or a Sexy Barred Delaware?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by