What breeds are you having the most difficulty finding?

• French Black Copper Marans

• Blue Laced Red Wyandottes

• Buff Brahma

• Anything Heat Tolerant!

• Vorwerk

• Deathlayer

• Golden Laced Wyandotte

• Delaware

• Russian Orloff

• Continental Breeds

Results are only viewable after voting.

ATime&ASeason

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2017
I have been keeping chickens for less than a year, but I have nearly an entirely new flock and focus. I buy, hatch, raise, and sell purebred stock and fertilized eggs as well as maintain a separate mixed flock of hybrid, sex-linked, and production layers for selling organic eating eggs and broilers. My original flock was purebred hens with roosters that all were or had some Game (OLD English) to survive in predator-ridden land, as well as a Phoenix Rooster, which lacked sufficient scramble to elude stray dogs determined to kill all my chickens. Washington Co., Alabama has NO animal control, so the unofficial plan and practice is "Shoot, shovel, and shut up!" Of course, we also have some protected species (owls and bears) where you just have to do your best, pray, and suck up your losses. I don't own a gun, so I am disadvantaged in protecting my chickens from stray dogs, cats, and other wild and feral animals. My new chickens are largely rare or heritage breeds, and I am beginning the process to gain NPIP Status. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome to our community - thanks for joining us. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

Best wishes
Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom