Hi...my name is Christy, but you can call me Scrooge!!!!!

Quote:
LOL if i could i would send a couple of feet your way snow always brings out the better i always say
smile.png

Here's wishing you snow... really soon ... and LOTS of it but with the temperature in the 70's (Ok, we can wish right?). How about the high 30's and snow?

Hope you feel cheerier (is that a word?) real soon.

hugs.gif

Sometimes I feel like I wish I could just skip December. We're broke, my parents are broke, I think its all a broke mess. I want some chicken stuff for my birthday or Christmas, but every ones so broke, no one is giving anything. Any money I get for my birthday, I will turn around and spend on gifts for my kids. My son wants RockBand for his PS3 so bad but we just don;t have the $200 for it. Thats pretty much all he's asked for. I bought a tiny, live tree in a pot. It has 1 string of lights on it and a cross on top. Thats it. No one felt like helping me get the fake tree and the rest of the decorations out of the shed. On the bright side, DH and I are still married, even after we separated almost 2 years ago, and I had my surgery back in August that I needed. (thats why I'm so broke, darn doctors) I have a roof over my head and family that will help me as much as they can. Things have to get better, right?

Quote:
This is more of the type of place that if and when you send out a "Bah Humbug" Your liable to get a BAH HUMBUG and a
tongue.gif

That's probably what keeps us coming back for more!

I understand what your saying sweet friend! I am actually finding myself somewhat depressed about the whole holiday season this year!
Very unlike my sister who would love for the holidays to be like it was when we were all kids and didn't have a care in the world, I actually find myself wishing it would all just go far far away for a very very long time. AND STAY THERE.
It has been a very tumultuous year for sooooo many people it is just hard to find a place in my heart to be caring and nice and all that
sickbyc.gif

It is just overwhelming
idunno.gif

I know it will balance out... get better?
idunno.gif
, but at least come back around to a somewhat happier medium but until that time I just really don't feel like playing the whole big game of "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"
hide.gif

I'm with ya Christy! You got my email if you need to yell at somebody to go do obscene things to themself or whatever! Just be warned you might get one right back!
ep.gif
smack.gif

Quote:
Yes, yes, and YES!!!!! And I am trying really hard to remember the good stuff right now. I have a husband who loves me....yeah, thanks to the Air Force we have lived apart for 4 years, but we are still in love and will be together soon. I have three awesome kids who are driving me insane....which means they are healthy, active, alive enough to drive me insane. I have enough animals to keep me warm if the power goes out!!! LOL It could always be worse. Much worse. Thank you!!!

And Chirpy......snow and 70's....now THAT is what I am talkin' about!!!! LOL

Quote:
This is more of the type of place that if and when you send out a "Bah Humbug" Your liable to get a BAH HUMBUG and a
tongue.gif

That's probably what keeps us coming back for more!

I understand what your saying sweet friend! I am actually finding myself somewhat depressed about the whole holiday season this year!
Very unlike my sister who would love for the holidays to be like it was when we were all kids and didn't have a care in the world, I actually find myself wishing it would all just go far far away for a very very long time. AND STAY THERE.
It has been a very tumultuous year for sooooo many people it is just hard to find a place in my heart to be caring and nice and all that
sickbyc.gif

It is just overwhelming
idunno.gif

I know it will balance out... get better?
idunno.gif
, but at least come back around to a somewhat happier medium but until that time I just really don't feel like playing the whole big game of "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"
hide.gif

I'm with ya Christy! You got my email if you need to yell at somebody to go do obscene things to themself or whatever! Just be warned you might get one right back!
ep.gif
smack.gif

hugs.gif
good to see you.
smile.png
Long time no talk. I think this needs to be the "BAH HUMBUG" I am going to cancel the Holiday's thread!!!! Maybe we can all go on strike or something. I can make "Down with Santa" signs for us to all carry!

When you're broke, the thing to do is to MAKE gifts for other people.
smile.png
You don't have to go out and buy them something.

It might be time to sit down with your husband and have a serious talk about priorities. It isn't fair for him to be going hog-wild on gifts if you can't afford it.

You also have an excuse NOT to do the gift thing. Just tell people that you don't celebrate Christmas. If they know you're an atheist, it will make sense to them. (No offense, seriously, but I'm actually rather confused as to why you had a tree up in the first place?
hu.gif
)

Christy, I've been feeling the same way all day today. Must be something in the Arkansas air. I'm not sure, all I can smell is the chicken litter they put on the meadows yesterday.
barnie.gif
Ugh! My little coop smells like roses compared to the litter from 30,000 chickens!
sickbyc.gif

So bah humbug right back at ya! Hang in there. It will get better.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Oh, he isn't going hog wild on gifts....nothing extravagant, just that right now I feel we can't afford ANYTHING! I have been putting together baskets of stuff I canned (jelly, jams, apple butter) and going to add eggs, etc. right at the time to give them. But none of that would be good enough for "his" relatives who think money is the only important thing if you love someone.
roll.png

I am confused as to why I shouldn't have a Solstice tree? Generally have two every year (one real one fake...the big silver one). I love them. I love to decorate my whole house.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom