Hi! New chicken mom here

summer920

In the Brooder
May 7, 2015
frow.gif

I've been lurking here for a while, and just last week we finally took the plunge and got 6 beautiful Silkie chicks. The breeder gave us two extra in case some didn't make it, one a Polish Crested bantam, and the other is a bit of a mystery, so we now have 8 babies running around happily!
I love them already, and it's been so good to be able to read all the advice on here. If you want to see pictures of the babies, there is an album on my profile.

Anyway, I'm excited to join the forum and to start the adventure of having some backyard chickens!

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you decided to join us.

Congrats on your new baby chicks, they are just too cute
love.gif
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Enjoy your new adventure. Enjoy the forums.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I've just popped over and looked at your pics and your chicks are adorable. Congratulations on them :celebrate Raising chicks is a fantastic experience and is something I enjoy very much. I'm sure you will too they bring lots of fun and excitement to your life as you watch the grow and develop their own personalities. I too have polish and they are lovely friendly breed to keep. I would suggest though when your polish are bigger and have the full crest that you check them regular for mites etc they love to make homes in the fancy crests.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chicks. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Welcome - silkies and polish generally get along well together. While other breeds may single them out for bullying, because they look so different. If you can get the silkies and polish to use nipple waterers - it will prevent their crests from getting soaked when they lean down to drink.

Thank-you everyone for the welcome and great suggestions!

I've updated the photo album, since we named all the chicks now. :D

We are starting work on our chicken coop, even though they won't be able to go out for quite a while yet. They are definitely growing, though!

Back
Top Bottom