Hi! New member, but long time chicken keeper!

Kayempea

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2020
Hi, I’ve finally joined the Backyard Chickens forums after years of just reading for information!

We’ve kept hens for over ten years, mostly hybrids and ex-batts. Currently we have 3 hybrids, a black Maran and silver laced Wyandotte in our adult flock.

Recently our Wyandotte went broody, and we introduced six 3 day old chicks which she is devoted to! They are a mix of olive eggers, Norfolk Grey and Leghorns. Raising chicks is a new experience for us, and I’m hoping the lovely folk on this site will be able to guide us through building a happy, larger flock!
931699A1-1AD7-406B-AC95-29E2F4A4C414.jpeg

Welcome! I love your picture!
Our little leghorns are in there with the big hens - my research prior to getting them was that the leghorns could be a bit flighty and nervous, but actually they are proving to be very sociable little birds! The white chick on the bottom right we believe is a cockerel, we’ve called him Albus and he’s a proper little character - very friendly and always the first to greet us in the morning!

Our little leghorns are in there with the big hens - my research prior to getting them was that the leghorns could be a bit flighty and nervous, but actually they are proving to be very sociable little birds! The white chick on the bottom right we believe is a cockerel, we’ve called him Albus and he’s a proper little character - very friendly and always the first to greet us in the morning!
My Leghorns are good flyers, but they are very inquisitive and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom