Hi, new member from north west ohio

spud1035

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 25, 2009
nw ohio
Hi gang,

I've had chickens for about three years. I have one leghorn, two silver laced wyandottes, three red stars, three partridge bantam cochin hens, one partridge bantam rooster and two black east indies ducks. I'm a avid gardener, I grow some of my own feed for my clan, sunflowers, corn, comfrey, cowpeas, and broomcorn. I just love my girls and guy, great company when I'm outside. Also have one pet bunny named oreo. I'm on the edge (kinda in)of suburbia. Have two wonderful kids and a wonderful wife that isn't all the crazy but tolerates my hobby.

welcome-byc.gif
You will enjoy yourself here!

Welcome to BYC! Does your wife get involved at all with the chickens? I ask because my DH thought I went bonkers when I mentioned I want chickens, I convinced him by telling him everything I learned on here and kept giving him updates on chickens and how cute they are, and how easy it is to keep them etc etc .......He knows they made me happy, he doesn't do anything with them, but admires them and loves hearing about what they do and all the antics they provide for our amusement. THEN we got babies last Spring......he loved the experience! Of course I took care of everything, so he didn't mind at all!

Good luck with your chicken adventure and keep showing your wife how cute they really are, then you can get more and maybe she won't mind at all!!

Back
Top Bottom