Hi! New Member Intro

Bucky1213

Hatching
Mar 9, 2016
Minnesota
So glad we found this website. We live in the country in cold Minnesota with 5 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 Guinea pigs and some fish. We are interested in getting some chickens to add to the mix. I was thinking for laying eggs but the man of the house said around 4 cool looking ones to have as pets. So here I am doing my research. My parents have chickens and every once in awhile they have problems with coons and skunks. I want to make sure that we have a safe coop that is cool enough in the summer and warm enough in the winter with the correct amount of space.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You can check out the coops section for different styles, sizes, reasons some have step by step photos and descriptions. Also visit the predator threads to find ways to repel them whenever possible.

I highly recommend you visit the Learning Center, it will answer questions you don't even have yet. Good luck to you .

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. In addition to the learning centre, your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend
cid:72343587-E4D5-49FE-ABD9-FC042197A8B2
Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom