Hi! New member new to raising chickens!

sgraybeal

In the Brooder
Jan 23, 2020
Hi! I'm Sarah & I live in VA, USA. I got 6 started pullets in May of 2019. They are red sex links. I didn't realize how big 12 week old chickens were so I quickly had to come up with new housing! They started laying soon after. I got a 6 month old rooster in Nov 2019. It took some time but he is now mostly boss. I have one hen that still resists, as she was the boss before he came along. My daughter gave all the girls Disney princess names. My son resisted calling the rooster Prince Charming so he goes by the name his previous family gave him, Sunny. I joined BYC to gain more knowledge about what in the world I've gotten myself into! 😂

:welcome
So happy to have you here! I hope I'll see you around!

Disney names and Sunny, good choices!

Chickens are the best pets and they learn tricks fast too! They're as good as a dog, better in some ways and worse in others. You can train them all kinds of tricks; to come when you call, to shake (well, more like a quick scratch), to jump through a hoop... So many options!

Welcome and have a great day!

:welcome
So happy to have you here! I hope I'll see you around!

Disney names and Sunny, good choices!

Chickens are the best pets and they learn tricks fast too! They're as good as a dog, better in some ways and worse in others. You can train them all kinds of tricks; to come when you call, to shake (well, more like a quick scratch), to jump through a hoop... So many options!

Welcome and have a great day!
They follow me around like dogs & peck on me when I'm sitting outside. One even flapped up onto my lap one day. They will come in the house behind me if I'm not quick enough shutting the door. They make me laugh & I love having them around!

Back
Top Bottom