Hi! New to raising chickens

Seaside Fantasy Farm

Chirping
5 Years
May 17, 2017
My husband and I have six hens. They are still young. We live close to the intracoastal in NC. We have two potbellies, the chickens, a cat, and my husband farms blue crabs. If we bring any more animals home, the neighbors will hate us!

My husband and I have six hens. They are still young. We live close to the intracoastal in NC. We have two potbellies, the chickens, a cat, and my husband farms blue crabs. If we bring any more animals home, the neighbors will hate us!
Welcome to BYC!

It sounds like you have a great place!

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you have some wonderful critters. How do the Potbellies do? I have considered keeping a couple. Blue Crabs? Wow, sounds interesting! We tried raising Rainbow Trout in a big stock tank many years ago. WOW...they grew WAY too fast and we ended up eating them long before we intended! :p It was a fun adventure however.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you have some wonderful critters. How do the Potbellies do? I have considered keeping a couple. Blue Crabs? Wow, sounds interesting! We tried raising Rainbow Trout in a big stock tank many years ago. WOW...they grew WAY too fast and we ended up eating them long before we intended! :p It was a fun adventure however.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our roost! :)
The potbellies are a lot of fun. I wish I could have more, as 95% are unfortunately rehomed - mainly because they don't stay as little as folks expect. Ours are kept outside during the day, and I bring them in at night to sleep.

The potbellies are a lot of fun. I wish I could have more, as 95% are unfortunately rehomed - mainly because they don't stay as little as folks expect. Ours are kept outside during the day, and I bring them in at night to sleep.

This is good to know! I think I could live with a standard size pig though. :p But of course tiny is cuter. :lol: Yours sound adorable. Where do they sleep inside?

Back
Top Bottom