hi! New with a motley flock

Megsswm

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2016
Hi! Already had some awesome advice on here in first thread. Have a mixed motley flock of 12 - a blue partridge brahma, cuckoo orpington, bantam Easter egger, bantam who knows what tiny hen, red sex link, Rhode Island, blue copper marans, olive egger, Americuana, red mutt chicken, barred rock,
We have a unique coop set up with an old tree house converted to chicken kingdom.

Wow your coop looks amazing, sorry for the question but I am new the the Chicken world. Do all of our Hens get along, or do you find that they like to hang with their own breed?

Very soon that ladder is being replaced with stairs instead to make it easier to get up and down to clean and collect eggs etc... That high up isn't ideal but hey it was already there. We just added the roof and gutters to run to keep them shaded and dry... In a month we are adding two rain barrels to gutters to collect water and make auto waterers.
My two year old daughter can spend hours in that run playing with " her chishins" so they all have names ... Like minion and brownie and spot....
And thank you !

welcome-byc.gif

Raising chickens is a wonderful family experience, glad to hear your daughter is enjoying them.

Thanks for joining us!

Wow your coop looks amazing, sorry for the question but I am new the the Chicken world. Do all of our Hens get along, or do you find that they like to hang with their own breed?

All mine mix together don't have two of the same type. I do notice our teeny tiny bantams are at the top of the pecking order though and my giant brahma and cuckoo orpington are bottom.....

Back
Top Bottom