hi! New with a motley flock

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Megsswm, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Megsswm

Megsswm Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2016
    Hi! Already had some awesome advice on here in first thread. Have a mixed motley flock of 12 - a blue partridge brahma, cuckoo orpington, bantam Easter egger, bantam who knows what tiny hen, red sex link, Rhode Island, blue copper marans, olive egger, Americuana, red mutt chicken, barred rock,
    We have a unique coop set up with an old tree house converted to chicken kingdom. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC - nice coop and run set-up.

3. Mikejr05

Mikejr05 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2016
    Idaho
    Wow your coop looks amazing, sorry for the question but I am new the the Chicken world. Do all of our Hens get along, or do you find that they like to hang with their own breed?

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Agreed, very nice setup. Too high for me I would get nosebleeds. I can't even stand on a chair.

5. Megsswm

Jan 16, 2016
    Very soon that ladder is being replaced with stairs instead to make it easier to get up and down to clean and collect eggs etc... That high up isn't ideal but hey it was already there. We just added the roof and gutters to run to keep them shaded and dry... In a month we are adding two rain barrels to gutters to collect water and make auto waterers.
    My two year old daughter can spend hours in that run playing with " her chishins" so they all have names ... Like minion and brownie and spot....
    And thank you !

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

1 person likes this.
  7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Love the coop. Chishins rule!! :thumbsup

Ct

8. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Raising chickens is a wonderful family experience, glad to hear your daughter is enjoying them.

Thanks for joining us!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. Megsswm

Jan 16, 2016
    All mine mix together don't have two of the same type. I do notice our teeny tiny bantams are at the top of the pecking order though and my giant brahma and cuckoo orpington are bottom.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by