hi, quail newbie from nyc - what's cluckin?

I really like this site and the enthusiasm among folk here. After I had registered and posted this morning here I went to check up and clean/feed em something happened. Bruce the bigger male just got up, flapped, cackled, and just jumped behind one of the girls and just copulated with her! And she put on this lil display as if come and take it. Now, what should I expect from this and what adjustments should I prepare for? Thank you! Btw I keep them indoors.

Last edited:
Quote: That is what seasonal means.....without light in the winter, they do not lay. By adding light, they do lay, however that does not change the fact that they are still "seasonal layers"
smile.png

I really like this site and the enthusiasm among folk here. After I had registered and posted this morning here I went to check up and clean/feed em something happened. Bruce the bigger male just got up, flapped, cackled, and just jumped behind one of the girls and just copulated with her! And she put on this lil display as if come and take it. Now, what should I expect from this and what adjustments should I prepare for? Thank you! Btw I keep them indoors.
If you are looking to incubate eggs, you will need to wait 2 weeks before collecting the eggs to make sure they are fertile. They will not incubate their own eggs. Make sure the hens have crushed oystershell for hard egg shells and easy passage of the egg.

Enjoy your new quail!

Back
Top Bottom