Hi! Thanks for the add ☺

livnandlvn

Chirping
Mar 5, 2018
I live in Texas, and have around 60 chickens. We are currently expanding our flock to include some specialty, (to us ,) birds, as well as incubating eggs. Y'all seem very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I look forward to being able to get some answers to questions that occur to me from all you eggsperts . Thanks again!
Sorry if I interpreted the instructions on introduce yourself wrong.

I live in Texas, and have around 60 chickens. We are currently expanding our flock to include some specialty, (to us ,) birds, as well as incubating eggs. Y'all seem very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I look forward to being able to get some answers to questions that occur to me from all you eggsperts . Thanks again!
Sorry if I interpreted the instructions on introduce yourself wrong.

Do not think you did anything wrong, Welcome to Backyard Chickens 60 birds is allot are a portion meat birds?

They are kind of multiple purpose birds, lol. Hatching is addictive, so only about 20 are laying age and some are old. We keep saying we need to butcher then, but we never get around to it, so I guess they are ornamental (ha), at this point. All our young roosters are supposed to go to meat. That's the theory anyway.
As far as raising a set specifically for meat, no, not yet .
My hatchlings are 4, 3, 2, and 1 month old, plus 8 newbies. I have 10 salmon favoreles, coming in tomorrow. Hahaha. I feel like the count on seseme street.

Alt-WELCOME-farmer-connie-1.gif

Great introduction!

I hope you find the breeds that you want

Back
Top Bottom