Hi there!

Sjennings

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2018
Tennessee
I’m new to the world of keeping chickens. I’m currently setting up a coop and run, and plan to purchase silkie chicks in late February or early March. I’m a retired teacher, and I live in Middle TN with my husband. My three children are now grown and out on their own. My husband is getting two beehives ready to start in March, and we have plans to begin gardening again together too. Years ago, I gardened and I had Nigerian dwarf goats. I’m really looking forward to getting outside again, digging in the dirt and enjoying my new flock.
I learned about this site while I was researching the silkie breed, and decided to join the community. I look forward to meeting you all!

I’m new to the world of keeping chickens. I’m currently setting up a coop and run, and plan to purchase silkie chicks in late February or early March. I’m a retired teacher, and I live in Middle TN with my husband. My three children are now grown and out on their own. My husband is getting two beehives ready to start in March, and we have plans to begin gardening again together too. Years ago, I gardened and I had Nigerian dwarf goats. I’m really looking forward to getting outside again, digging in the dirt and enjoying my new flock.
I learned about this site while I was researching the silkie breed, and decided to join the community. I look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens nice intro glad to have you join I have just 4 silkies myself lots of fun

Hello and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif
I have a number of Silkies as well; four purebreds and some crosses.
I am never without a broody hen, that's for sure...lol. Tenacious little birds. :D

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Hello and welcome to BYC

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

All the best

Pork Pie

Hello and Welcome to BYC! (aka BackYardChickens) :welcome
It's wonderful to have you here with us!
downloadfile-gif-1222623-gif.1230494

Thanks for joining! If you have questions, you will find your answers right here, on this brilliant site. :ya
This site is FULL of all info you will want/need to know about chickens and all poultry in general (and even other animals). And full of active, and fantastic members, they're amazing.
Hope you have a fab day! :wee

Best wishes!
-Tov

Back
Top Bottom