Hi there!

lngrid

Songster
10 Years
Sep 25, 2009
Where Chickens are Outlaws
Hi. Like my sig says, I used to take care of my grandparents' chickens when I was a kid in the sixties and seventies. Grandpa primarily raised Black Angus and wheat, so the chickens were only for home use and Grandma's pin money. I don't remember what breed they were, but I do remember cleaning chicken droppings. Lots of chicken droppings!
gig.gif

I haven't been around farm animals to speak of since they retired and sold their farm. I found this forum when some friends of mine began to keep chickens and I've been lurking for a while. I'm single, but engaged to be married. I live in an apartment, so no chickens are possible, but my fiance inherited the house he grew up in, which is on 1/4 acre. A major interstate freeway runs along the back fence, so IF we keep it we keep it we MAY raise chickens. (The freeway makes both things iffy.)

I work as a caregiver for the disabled, but my professional background is in IT. Computers are fascinating, but I just like people better. Reading is one of my hobbies and another member here named HorseFeathers is a FANTASTIC writer!
woot.gif
<< for HorseFeathers! In']https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1223674
]In
fact, here's a link to one of her stories![/url]

I also love the first version of a computer game called The Sims because you can create custom content for that version and the people who have done that have been SO CREATIVE.

I don't know if i'll be a super active member of this forum. I'll try to be a supportive member, but I may not post a lot or log in a lot. I just don't know yet what my future holds, as far as chickens go. I mainly registered because I've been reading a lot of posts here and I have some questions. I hope I'm not letting anyone down.

And Speckledhen, I hope your Ivy and Ginger will continue to be healthy and free of distress. Their difficulties and Violet's fate were just heartbreaking. These are for you
hugs.gif
and these are for your girls
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom