Hi there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by lngrid, Sep 25, 2009.

1. lngrid

lngrid Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi. Like my sig says, I used to take care of my grandparents' chickens when I was a kid in the sixties and seventies. Grandpa primarily raised Black Angus and wheat, so the chickens were only for home use and Grandma's pin money. I don't remember what breed they were, but I do remember cleaning chicken droppings. Lots of chicken droppings! [​IMG]

I haven't been around farm animals to speak of since they retired and sold their farm. I found this forum when some friends of mine began to keep chickens and I've been lurking for a while. I'm single, but engaged to be married. I live in an apartment, so no chickens are possible, but my fiance inherited the house he grew up in, which is on 1/4 acre. A major interstate freeway runs along the back fence, so IF we keep it we keep it we MAY raise chickens. (The freeway makes both things iffy.)

I work as a caregiver for the disabled, but my professional background is in IT. Computers are fascinating, but I just like people better. Reading is one of my hobbies and another member here named HorseFeathers is a FANTASTIC writer! [​IMG] << for HorseFeathers! In']https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1223674
    ]In
    fact, here's a link to one of her stories![/url]

I also love the first version of a computer game called The Sims because you can create custom content for that version and the people who have done that have been SO CREATIVE.

I don't know if i'll be a super active member of this forum. I'll try to be a supportive member, but I may not post a lot or log in a lot. I just don't know yet what my future holds, as far as chickens go. I mainly registered because I've been reading a lot of posts here and I have some questions. I hope I'm not letting anyone down.

And Speckledhen, I hope your Ivy and Ginger will continue to be healthy and free of distress. Their difficulties and Violet's fate were just heartbreaking. These are for you [​IMG] and these are for your girls [​IMG].

2. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] from WI

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Hi! [​IMG]

4. magoobi

magoobi Out Of The Brooder