Hi to all alaskans

Quote:
The woman has 4 incubators going right now, quail eggs, blue orphingtons and who knows what else!

Siber Your correct about the silkies egg laying, but their little fluffy butts are cute and they make great broodies for hatching eggs.

Our oldest silkie Elvis just hatched a mutt egg last week and is also fostering a banty and dorking chick.

Last edited:
Haha I'd be in heaven! I waited so long to get the chicks I have now, went and looked at a few chicks and ducks from a "friend of a friend" and he wanted over $10.00 per chick and didn't know they're breeds needless to say although I thought a couple were adorable, I left empty handed
sad.png
.. -sighs-
roll.png
price was just a bit of a shocker :eek: for me.. needless to say I decided to look elsewhere
tongue.png

Thanks for that note Jeremy, I've just been trying to read up on Silkies being the newbie I am, it's a lot nicer to be able to ask people who have them rather than just reading articles however. I read that they're really docile and sweet is this true? I know there were a few breeds of chicken I looked at that weren't reccomended for a "pet" type lifestyle?

Last edited:
I think we might be able to help you out with a silkie.
wink.png
They do make good little incubators.
lol.png

I have 3 light brahma/Rhode Island Red mixed pullets that look just like the light brahmas, about 10-11 weeks old, and look to be good sized birds. They should be good layers, too.
The other birds just aren't old enough to lay yet. And my dorkings, well, let's just say we're population-challenged at the moment. I have 15 Red Dorking eggs in the incubator now
fl.gif
, as well as 12 blue orpingtons from Speckledhen. Mega-
fl.gif
. I have one more shipment of blue orpingtons coming from Korfus Kluckers at the end of the month to hedge my bets on the hatching, and then I'm done with hatching chickens for this year. I have to wait until next year to get chicks to start my own flock. BUT... in the meantime you should stop by, say hi, and see if we can't find a couple of new girls for you.
wink.png

And just for the record, my husband is the most tolerant, supportive, and loving guy around...
love.gif

Oh, and he asked me to remind everyone to please be sure to call first before coming by... he's a little trigger-happy with all the bear reports lately...
smile.png

Quote:
The woman has 4 incubators going right now, quail eggs, blue orphingtons and who knows what else!

Siber Your correct about the silkies egg laying, but their little fluffy butts are cute and they make great broodies for hatching eggs.

Our oldest silkie Elvis just hatched a mutt egg last week and is also fostering a banty and dorking chick.

I do not... two incubators, and one hatcher.
tongue2.gif

Oh yes... the Mille Fleur d'Uccles are perfect "house-chickens"... very sweet.
smile.png
Unfortunately, I only have 3 adults and one chick right now. Next spring we'll be set for chickies, though!

OMG I am sitting here like a 5 year old getting a new puppy just itching for a few new girls
big_smile.png
.. You do sound pretty darn busy down the road! We have several Siberian Huskies that I run recreationally as a team, most are due for they're spay/neuter I am just too irritated seeing so many dogs in the shelters and I have several dogs that I've rescued, right now I have 5 for adoption but haven't had any luck.. Ehhh About 3 weeks back we had a sow and her two yearling cubs out in our back yard just about 5 feet from the dogs (we moved here about 1 1/2 years ago to this location from Kenai) and had a friend of our's from down the road come over with his gun, because we just didn't have any and there were 3 giant bears staring at us and the fur kids like they were lunch! I know this may be another brain fart but is your phone number on your website?

Thanks, I'll be giving you a call here soon probably in the next few days if that is okay with you
smile.png
Also wondering who hosts your website (Geocities, Freewebs?) as I am trying to make one to show off all my furred and feathery friends
big_smile.png

Quote:
The main website is hosted by Freewebs. I have the domain www.sterlingmeadowshatchery.com registered through GoDaddy.com, but the site just links to the freewebs site that I had done all the work on already.
smile.png
The freewebs is really easy.

I need to PM you...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom