Hi!

Lynnette in WI

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2016
I'm so glad I found this site, I love to read stories from other chicken owners and learn more tips on what to do or what not to do with my chickens.I have 6 chickens now and am looking forward to getting a few chicks this spring to make my flock a bit bigger! I am always looking for new ideas for my chickens.

Hi Lynette and welcome to our community. Im glad to hear that chicken maths is still alive and kicking!!
smile.png
The learning centre is a good place to begin with, or searching for threads on a topic that interests you or searching for other members in your state. All these great resources not withstanding, post away as we are a helpful bunch and are happy to try and help you in any way we can.

All the best

CT

Hi Lynnette,
welcome-byc.gif

What breed of chickens do you have and what are you adding?

Make yourself at home here, there are a lot of helpful, friendly members here so jump right in!

I have 1 Barred Rock, 1 Black Australorp, 1 Buff Orpington, 3 Rhode Island Reds. We got them from a friend, he got them in March of 2014, along with 7 others. By last summer he figured out he didn't really want that many and as we were talking one day he said if I was interested I could get 6 chickens from him. So in August of 2015 we brought them home to their new house. They have been so fun to have, but I worry that I'm not doing everything right, I just want to make sure they are getting the best care. I picked these types of chickens because it said these types were very hardy in the cold weather. I plan on getting some more like these, I just have to get my area ready for the chicks and get them in a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom