Hi

HomesteadMom5

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My husband surprised me with chickens in April 2017

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Too many to count lol Until tomorrow afternoon I have 25 Cornish X (not including my mom’s 15), somewhere around 60-70 layers between 1 year and 1 week.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Cornish X, Cinnamon Queen, ISA Brown, Buff Brahma, EE, Barred Rock, Leghorn, CA White, RIR, Black Sex Link, Orpington, Calico Princess, Golden Comet, and Blue Gem (if I’m remembering correctly).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I like that I’m relying on myself for food. They’re entertaining to watch. My kids get so excited when they come to show me the eggs they gathered.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening, milking goats & making cheese/dairy products, curing meats, making anything that involves food, hide tanning, and I enjoy sewing/crocheting but I’m not the best.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I’m married to my HS best friend and we have five kids. We currently have 24 goats, 3 turkeys, 7 ducks, 2 calves, 3 horses, lots of meat rabbits, a dog (not including the 2 neighbor dogs who think they live here lol), and 3 cats. I am currently in school for nursing.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I googled something years ago. Honestly, I thought I had already joined.

FC5D17CF-B391-4C7B-B2CE-934667C141EF.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom