Hi!

Netster

Chirping
Jan 23, 2022
Mississippi
Hi!
I have a pet rooster that has a leg issue. He was fine up until last Wednesday. He is 10-11 months old & I have given him PoultryRX & another over the counter liquid to boost his immune system as of last night. When I noticed him standing on one foot I checked his feet but didn’t see anything wrong with them. There seems to be no cuts on him so I am just reaching out for any suggestions.

Hi!
I have a pet rooster that has a leg issue. He was fine up until last Wednesday. He is 10-11 months old & I have given him PoultryRX & another over the counter liquid to boost his immune system as of last night. When I noticed him standing on one foot I checked his feet but didn’t see anything wrong with them. There seems to be no cuts on him so I am just reaching out for any suggestions.
Welcome to BYC! How badly is he limping and is it improving or getting worse over time?

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.
Could have have sprained his leg or foot jumping down from a high perch? Have you examined the leg for a break? Any swelling?
Thank you! Not sure if he sprained it or not? His roost is maybe a foot & a half off the ground. I wonder if one of the dogs snapped at him bc Smokey will sometimes tease the dogs & they may snap at him. I’m not sure how to examine for a break but I’ve checked his legs & I think they look ok.

I suggest you post over in the Emergencies Forum to get more educated responses. Be sure to list all pertinent info such as age, details of behavior, his living accommodations such as coop size, roost heights, diet, etc.

And if you will state your location in your profile, it will help us help you to find medical services and medications in your area should they be necessary.

I suggest you post over in the Emergencies Forum to get more educated responses. Be sure to list all pertinent info such as age, details of behavior, his living accommodations such as coop size, roost heights, diet, etc.

And if you will state your location in your profile, it will help us help you to find medical services and medications in your area should they be necessary.
Thank you so much! I will post there

Back
Top Bottom