Hi

Ellie1982

Chirping
Aug 17, 2022
Hi everyone
I am very new to hatching/incubating. I started with a few chicken eggs from my sister but they all died within a few days, it could be because the chickens had recently been moved and they weren’t laying as often so may not have been great quality maybe?
Anyway, decided to try duck eggs. I purchased 3 and all were fertile, one developed a blood ring so I removed that from the incubator to prevent the others from getting sick.
The other 2 have been great! Candled a week ago and could see a lot of movement.
Candled today - day 23 and I can’t see movement, can clearly see the air sac but the rest of the egg is dark..could that be because the duckling is now fairly big so not giving much room for the light to go through?
Any help would be amazing. The egg shell also looks a different colour at the bottom (pointy end) is that the colour of the duckling inside? The eggs are white and very sweet through anyway.

Thanks so much in advance.
Ellie xx

Welcome to BYC!
As the duckling grows bigger movement and veining gets harder to see. I'm not sure what you mean by discolored shells. Does it look like bruising? Please let us know how your hatch goes. Good luck!
Hi :)
No not bruising, it’s almost like I can see the colour of the duckling through part of the shell? Was wondering if that could be the case.
I’m beyond excited but also terrified, I’m not sure I was this worried when I had my twins 😂😂 xx

Hi :)
No not bruising, it’s almost like I can see the colour of the duckling through part of the shell? Was wondering if that could be the case.
I’m beyond excited but also terrified, I’m not sure I was this worried when I had my twins 😂😂 xx
Could you possibly post pictures? (feel free to start a new thread)

Hatching eggs is one of the most thrilling, anxiety rising, experiences ever. I think almost anyone who's ever hatched eggs feels the same way you do now.

Back
Top Bottom