Hi!

Daisyzmom

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
I have had backyard chickens for about 10 years, but really don't know much about them... I have always been lucky to have a healthy flock & only had to worry about protecting them from predators. I recently moved to a new home that has pigeons living in the barn next door and have had my first bout with chicken illness. about 6 of my chickens came down with Marecks disease? Who knew? It turns out that almost everyone but me! Anyway, now I know that you can vaccinate chickens! I just don't know what the recommended vaccination schedule for Norco chickens? I would really appreciate any suggestions on what works for your chickens.

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

Wow so sorry to hear about such problems
sad.png

BYC has a very useful learning center
caf.gif

If you post this in the Emergency's/Diseases/Injuries you
will get many responses
wink.png

Wish you well with your flock
D.gif

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about the loss of your flock. Sumi gave you some great links for learning how to deal with Mareks when you have it in the area.

images

Welcome to BYC!

I am so sorry for your losses. Unfortunately, Mareks is everywhere here in the US. So if you have had an outbreak, it is best to vaccinate your flock. Sumi has provided some great information.

I hope you can get this disease under control. You might want to use a 10% solution of ammonia and water to dose your area to kill the Mareks. I am not sure but I think ammonia kills everything. Can't hurt. I am so sorry.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom