Hi

cricket31480

Hatching
Mar 11, 2015
Hello all! My name is Laura. I just recently got 25 Rhode Island Reds. I have had them almost a month. This is my first chicken flock. My family and I decided that we were going to work on being self sufficient and the first two things we have done is buy chickens and start a veggie garden.

I live in Odessa, Texas with my husband, 2 daughters (11 and 9 yrs), 2 dogs (a blue healer and a great dane), 1 fish named Ninja and 25 baby chicks.

I have been getting the majority of my chicken info from BYC for about 6 months. Thanks everyone for having me and thanks for all the great tips I have read so far.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community!!

Sounds like you have a nice good sized flock that will fill your egg cartons with eggs!

You can chat with your chicken neighbors if you wish, here in your state thread of Texas...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Laura!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock".

Sounds like you have a nice flock of birds! Rhode Island Reds should be great egg layers for you.
smile.png

Welcome to the flock. How do your dogs feel about the chickens? I know someone with a red heeler and she keeps everything away from 'her' flock, even jumped up to stop a hawk .

Back
Top Bottom