Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cricket31480, Mar 11, 2015.

1. cricket31480

cricket31480 New Egg

Mar 11, 2015
    Hello all! My name is Laura. I just recently got 25 Rhode Island Reds. I have had them almost a month. This is my first chicken flock. My family and I decided that we were going to work on being self sufficient and the first two things we have done is buy chickens and start a veggie garden.

I live in Odessa, Texas with my husband, 2 daughters (11 and 9 yrs), 2 dogs (a blue healer and a great dane), 1 fish named Ninja and 25 baby chicks.

I have been getting the majority of my chicken info from BYC for about 6 months. Thanks everyone for having me and thanks for all the great tips I have read so far.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

So glad you could join our community!!

Sounds like you have a nice good sized flock that will fill your egg cartons with eggs!

You can chat with your chicken neighbors if you wish, here in your state thread of Texas...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC!

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC, Laura! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined our "flock".

Sounds like you have a nice flock of birds! Rhode Island Reds should be great egg layers for you.[​IMG]

5. youngchooklover

youngchooklover Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2013
    South Australia
    Hello! wow 25 Rhode island is a lot xD.

But welcome the BYC.

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family.

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the flock. How do your dogs feel about the chickens? I know someone with a red heeler and she keeps everything away from 'her' flock, even jumped up to stop a hawk .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by