Hia from Terrebonne Oregon!

Chickenlove64

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 30, 2013
Well... I missed this when I first joined XD

Lets see here.... Oop! There it is! The sample template
lol.png

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I honestly have no idea when I got my first chickens. It was when we moved to Terrebonne, though.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Currently, 28. 3 of which are Roosters. The rest are hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
*Deep intake of breath* 3 Red Comets, 1 Australorp, 6 Barred Rocks, 6 Delawares, 5 Silver Laced Wyandotte chicks, 3 (Golden) Buff Brahma's (1 of which is a roo), 1 (White) Silkie Roo, 1 Easter Egger, One that we call Megan who might be a black sex link, and Copper (I don't know her breed XD)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I do believe it was back when we were buying our chickens. I needed to know the breeds of chickens so I came here! It had all the information I needed
big_smile.png

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Well, I'm an artist so... Drawing for sure! Most definitely riding my fat horse Boomer, Sewing/Attempting to knit, And, when I'm in the mood, Cleaning.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Hmm... I live with my older brother, Nicholas, my mom, Stacey, and my dad Harold. (Although everyone calls him Dusty)

My other pets? Oh-ho-ho here we go XD
I have 1 guinea pig who my brother named Joey, 3 dogs - 2 of which want to kill each other, 1 kitty named Oliver, 1 horse named Boomer and my sweet little albino lionhead rabbit named Lulu.
I currently have 3 roosters named in order with the pictures below

Name: George
Breed: Silkie
Color: White
Favorite Hen: The 2 Buffy's (He once pecked me when I tried to pick one up!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Jasper
Breed: (Golden) Buff Brahma
Color: Golden of course!
big_smile.png

Favorite Hen: This was hard.... Probably the red comet hens? He also adores the other buff hens

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Jack
Age: Oh snap... probably 7 months? We had him as a chick.
Breed: Barred Rock
Color: ... Barred Rock lol
Favorite Hen: No idea! He only started mating with hens yesterday... He's larger than all the other roosters and he's younger than them! He's also larger than most of the girls in our flock.

Oh boy, now I'm filling in information on my roo's XD Better stop before I get obsessed.

Nice to meet you - Glad you joined the flock
celebrate.gif
Sounds like you have a big flock of chickens and other animals. I hope your 2 "at war" dogs shake paws and become pals.

Welcome to BYC! You have a nice mixed flock. Thanks for posting the pics. If you post a pics of Megan and Copper, maybe we can identify their breeds for you. We can certainly tell you whether Megan is a Black Sex Link or not (hopefully so, as they are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines).

Hello from La Pine, Oregon!!
welcome-byc.gif
So glad to see you're just "up the road" from me! Wow, you have a big flock! Me, not so much. I have 4 black australorp girls that should start laying in about 4 more weeks...I hope! Anyway, welcome aboard!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

What a fun intro!! You sound like you are really enjoying your flock. And they are adorable!

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! You have a nice mixed flock. Thanks for posting the pics. If you post a pics of Megan and Copper, maybe we can identify their breeds for you. We can certainly tell you whether Megan is a Black Sex Link or not (hopefully so, as they are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines).
Thanks! Awesome, I'll see if I can go get pics of them
big_smile.png

Hello from La Pine, Oregon!!
welcome-byc.gif
So glad to see you're just "up the road" from me! Wow, you have a big flock! Me, not so much. I have 4 black australorp girls that should start laying in about 4 more weeks...I hope! Anyway, welcome aboard!
Hi
big_smile.png
! We certainly do have a big flock XD We had to make a whole new coop to fit em all lol. I love Australorp's! Dory is so old she rarely ever lays an egg (And when she does, they're teenie weenie fart eggs). My mom wants to kill her off but I absolutely love her and I won't let her XD

Back
Top Bottom