Hickersonia Got Chicks!

Well, I just did some reading real quick. I saw some pics of some that just came in white like that and then turned black. None of mine ever had it, but we got them from cackle so I'm sure it's different lines. Sorry to scare you, I had never seen that before. I think you're good.

Well, I just did some reading real quick. I saw some pics of some that just came in white like that and then turned black. None of mine ever had it, but we got them from cackle so I'm sure it's different lines. Sorry to scare you, I had never seen that before. I think you're good.

No worries :) it's just funny that my son really wanted the australorp, and has since day 1. We joke that it'll end up being a rooster....lol!

Thank you! I'm super excited that we are finally having chicks. Exciting that you got some layers--what kind?

I got some I've never heard of! First I got a barred rock (my personal fave) and then the two unique ones are a Sapphire Gem Splash and a Rhode Island Blue.

Attachments

• Loretta.jpg
    Loretta.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Louise.jpg
    Louise.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Lucy.jpg
    Lucy.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 4
Oh my goodness, these chicks are growing up too fast! Yuri (Black Australorp) is running around flapping her wings. I fashioned a top to the playpen so we are ready for them when they actually start flying. Last thing I need is for them to fly out and get eaten by the dogs... :) View attachment 2066559
I know! They grow too fast! They're so cute. I love your setup.

Back
Top Bottom