Hickersonia Got Chicks!

BTW very nice Basset Hound
Thanks! We rescued him about two years ago. I was drawn to him, but when he barked, I told him he was too loud for our house. Luckily he was still available a few weeks later when I couldn't get him off my mind...LOL! His name is Johnny Cash, but just Cash for short. Stubborn, loud, grumpy, but such a great dog. 😁 This is the photo my son got of him yesterday....absolutely love it!

DSC_0088.JPG

And this is our other rescue dog Sissy. We also got her about two years ago (we got Cash to be her companion). She came to us with a fear of everything (even the wind). I've worked so hard with her and she is now at the point she is allowed in the backyard off leash (but still has to be supervised). She's been a little frazzled with us all being home (different routines). We also foster dogs, but took a break when the chicks came, so she is missing the rotation of friends coming through our doors.
Sissy.jpg

The pic of your chicken run & housing is very nice.

However, I wonder if its OK, for the neighbors to see it so easily. Often the 2 legged predators are the ones that make trouble more than the 4 legged ones.

You could probably make the fence more opaque or something, by having things less visible, and therefore having them unaware of how many chickens you actually have by maybe having the fence with slats in the fence to make it opaque both for the neighbor fence and the wall of the pen visible to the neighbors?

Although I hate to add any costs to your project.

Very nice. All of it.

The pic of your chicken run & housing is very nice.

However, I wonder if its OK, for the neighbors to see it so easily. Often the 2 legged predators are the ones that make trouble more than the 4 legged ones.

You could probably make the fence more opaque or something, by having things less visible, and therefore having them unaware of how many chickens you actually have by maybe having the fence with slats in the fence to make it opaque both for the neighbor fence and the wall of the pen visible to the neighbors?

Although I hate to add any costs to your project.

Very nice. All of it.
We have a camera out there, so we will see anyone who gets into our backyard (plus locks on the fences). We are good friends with all of our neighbors, so I'm not too worried about it. :)

Back
Top Bottom