Hide and seek- how far along are my eggs?

PrairiesEdgeFarm

In the Brooder
Jul 4, 2017
Hey all! Found two of my Muscovy hens with nests this week. Tried to move them to more secure locations d/t barn cats and raccoons, but all that got me was an incubator and a brooder in my office.

Two of the three from one nest hatched quite happily and are in the brooder with the chick that showed up mysteriously in the sheep shed this week (no nest, no hen, just one broken egg shell and a chick). I still have nine eggs from the other nest in my incubator and wondering how to get an idea what day we're at? Ducklings are active but not impressively so, air cell is at close to 1/3 of the eggs. Thoughts?

Hey all! Found two of my Muscovy hens with nests this week. Tried to move them to more secure locations d/t barn cats and raccoons, but all that got me was an incubator and a brooder in my office.

Two of the three from one nest hatched quite happily and are in the brooder with the chick that showed up mysteriously in the sheep shed this week (no nest, no hen, just one broken egg shell and a chick). I still have nine eggs from the other nest in my incubator and wondering how to get an idea what day we're at? Ducklings are active but not impressively so, air cell is at close to 1/3 of the eggs. Thoughts?
Can you post pics of the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom