High Fructose Corn Syrup & Mercury

Quote:
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Oh, and about the WHOLE food industry, including pet foods...
barnie.gif
he.gif

Quote:
I was going to comment about that. I like the one commercial where the lady says "what? corn syrup. It just comes from corn!" Probably not exactly what she says, but for the most part it is.
he.gif

Quote:
I was in my local ShopRite and they had soda there with cane sugar instead of hfcs. Somebody's getting the word out.

Quote:
Commercially prepared food is produced to make a profit, not to keep people healthy. In questions like this, when you get to the bottom line, it always looks the same: $$$$$

Has anyone seen the commercials reguarding that corn syrup is ok for you in moderations?

It's funny to see our government trying to cover this up.

Edited to say.... it pays to read the whole thread before you post....

Last edited:
Quote:
Mexico, too, last I checked. In the U.S., you pretty much have to stock up around Passover time, when the "kosher" Coke is on the shelves!

I'm a serious Coca-Cola addict, but honestly, if you get OFF the stuff, you can almost then use it occasionally like a drug, for when you're headachey (or I can, anyway).
roll.png

Have you ever seen a commercial for broccoli.. or carrots? Michael Pollen(I think that's the author) wrote a book, "In Defense of Food" I read it a long time ago. He also has a 10 min. sensational speel on youtube. Y'all should check it out if your interested in this kind of stuff. TV will be the death of us, I firmly believe. There are advertisements for any food-like substance but there is no support for the real deal. Young people are highly suseptible to bright colors and smiling, laughing children which are used to campaign for these false foods.

My neices and nephews came over for Christmas dinner and I was shocked at how they turned their nose up to TURKEY and GRAVY and WHIPPED POTATOES!!! They only wanted tator tots and chicken nuggets. I think this food and the sugars and fillers change the way we taste food. Sugar is something you have to give up and reform your taste buds to enjoy food again.

High fructose corn syrup is the devil! and it is in everything!! I have one brand of stewed tomatoes in a can that I buy that doesn't have it.. "Red Pack" One thing Pollen said is to shop the outside of the grocery store and nothing from the center isles should be in your cart. This is very difficult and I do buy cereal but I'll try to get something decent or organic. But just be selective. ADHD, childhood diabetes... all these things popped up more recently and it is because no one cooks anymore. The best gift you could give your fam is that of health. We cheat a lot but always make it a point to get back on the wagon.

Here us a study in the Uk where scientist believe this may be the first generation of children to be outlived by their parents.
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...their-children-as-obesity-spreads-607195.html

It's sad that every terrible food has a healthy looking smiling child on the front of it's package. It's false advertisement and should be illegal. Hopefully, this country will wake up and families will take this responsibility on themselves instead of assuming it can't be that bad for you if it's available at the grocer and advertised on TV.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom