high humidity in first week?

cattbird

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
Essex Uk
Can anyone tell me the effects of high humidity (60) in the first week. If the humidity is kept at a normal stable for the rest of the hatch will hatch rate be effected.. and how?

Thanks.

wew, almost (maybe) 90% of your eggs will be failed. the developing embryos need space to develop, that's why people lowering humidity level in 1-18 days, low humidity (40-50%) is suggested in order to make "evaporation" of eggs "volume" so the embryos can develop. if you use 60% the evaporation can not be done successfully and the developing embryos will soon drown after developed. that's why (according to many people) you should adjust 40-50% humidity for 1-18 days and 60-70% in 19-21 days. high humidity at last 3 days is needed to make the shell "wet" so the chicks can "break" the eggs to get out.

i think there's no such way to make very very perfect humidity or temp, the only way is to close all hole and that's strongly UNRECOMMENDED since the embryos need to "breath" and air exchange. so the fluctuation (40-50%) in 1-18 days is "usual" to (i think) many people.

Oh dear
hmm.png
Thanks for the info.

My stupid husband was "caring" for the eggs whilst I was away and just filled the water tank right up.

So would they die straight away and show a blood ring.. or keep on developing but be deformed/drown die in shell?

Would they still drown at the end if the humidity was around 50 up until day 18?

Thanks.

if your humidity is only 50% (not crossing 50%) till 18 days, they won't drown. but better to make it lower since we can't keep humidity at all time so if that's lower than 45% (for example) if then the humidity fluctuate it will only reach about (perhaps) 42-49% and it's safe. if you still keep it on 50% then when (maybe) if you work or do another thing (we can't keep an eye for 24 hours a day) then your humidity can fluctuate between (maybe) 46-58% and that's not safe. so for this (i think) it's better lower than 50 than exactly on 50.

that's depend on how long they've been "suffering" that high humidity, if only 1 day (maybe) they can survive, but if they got it too many days, then, they won't survive. i suggest you lowering that humidity right now. oh, about drown or not, you can candling at it to see if there's blood vessel or not or blood ring.

i only suggest you based on another people/byc er experience, since i just have my first incubation now, so another byc er that more experienced can help you better than i can do. good luck.
fl.gif

Yup, All the ones I thought were fertile are still alive moving with veins. But the humidity was at 60 for around 4-5 days.

So does anyone know if they make it through the next few days will they develop normally? or could they still drown at pipping?

Thank you

It's hard to tell as the eggs are mottled. But on a couple it seems like the air sack is un even.. kind of spreading to one side of the egg.

Oh darn. I've murdered them... AGAIN !
roll.png

As far as I know, that is ok!
smile.png
Calm yourself - you are going to be ok.
big_smile.png
Just stay the course for now - if necessary, do not let your hubby take care of the incubation again.
big_smile.png
Just keep the humidity levels where they should be, and that is all that you can do.

~Cherlyn

wow, for 4-5 days, if they are still alive like you seen just before. then, if you get humidity 40-45 % for now on, (maybe) they can still make it. so let's pray to have a "miracle" since they have been suffering high humidity for 4-5 days.

thank you cherlyn but you are still the more experienced over here.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom