High School... changes in 50 years....

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing! Except kind of not. I would like to meet you though if I ever travel to Phoenix.

C'mon down!

How about adding this one in...

In Detroit, MI

Johnny makes bad grades in school.

1959 Once he takes his report card home to his parents his dad busts his butt, he is grounded and has to apologize for wasting the teachers time. Realizes he needs to do something about his situation. Takes responsibility - his grades improve.

2009 Parents don't care, wouldn't matter anyway the kid won't listen to a word mom and pop says because they are 'stupid'. The state decides to pay each student $2,000 to pass. - Heard this on the radio today along with a 70+% drop out rate and it made me sick.

Last edited:
oh I have one

1959 Jonny is picked on by all the other kids, he secretly hates going to school, but gets through it somehow, and ends up with a great job and loving wife and realizes that highschool is not the whole world.

2009 Johnny is picked on in school. goes home dresses in all black and returns to school with the intent to kill as many kids as possible.

How many times has this happened in the last 8 years?

Haha. They can get sooo ridiculous, and then you realize that it's a true story.

School is let out for the day. Johnny forgot his math book in his locker.

1959- He goes back inside to get it.
2009- He goes into the office to get a note allowing him to be in the hallways after school hours. He gets the book, but misses his bus. He tries to call his parents to tell them, but realizes his cell phone is in his locker. He tries to get another note, but by now no one is in the office, and all the doors are locked. He tries to walk home. It rains.

The 2009 experience is a TRUE story from a friend's little brother.
he.gif
He was picked up on the way home by a friend of the family.

Back
Top Bottom