High School senior pranks

When i was in high school, we had a courtyard in the center of the school, and you could go a few stories up to sit in the balconies that over look the massive tree in the middle of the courtyard.

Our school was a technical schools o they would bus in kids from other towns to come for the technical courses. It was a large school to begin with (encompassing many elementary districts) and plus it being the only technical school in the area, we had to have a huge campus. This is also a very rural school, so most of the technical courses involved things like agriscience, auto-motives, horticulture culture, etc. Most of the kids came from blue collar families of farmers, construction workers, landscapers, etc.

The best prank I remember, was when we came to school to find somehow during the night the Seniors had gotten into the courtyard, and wrapped the large oak tree from root to top in toilet paper. Not just tp'ed it, completely wrapped it. They then arranged the fresh lain sod to say " Seniors rule" which took some talent to match it up like that without damaging the sod too much.

Now that in itself had to be difficult, but what had everyone shaking their heads is, there are no discernible features on the outside of the building to climb, and it was quite a climb (three stories) to the lowest roof point, making it hard to get up there by ladder.

No one was caught and no one could figure out how they got in there and then got out. All we can think is they brought scaffolding, and it had to have been several students to put it up, take it down then put it up in the inside take it apart and repeat on their way out...

:lau Wow, these are great.
Seniors here from past years haven't done anything particularly creative besides bring in water guns and fire at the teachers, or call each other during assembly (that would be funny if you knew how seriously the staff take assembly :lol:)

lau.gif
Wow, these are great.
Seniors here from past years haven't done anything particularly creative besides bring in water guns and fire at the teachers, or call each other during assembly (that would be funny if you knew how seriously the staff take assembly
lol.png
)
at my high school, our teachers took graduation s seriously, that if the family members of the student cheered too much when their names were called, they would refuse to give the student his/her diploma, and even try to throw them all out.

By too much I mean, louder then a spoken voice, and too long as is, longer than a split second.

Yeah they were pretty serious about our graduation too. They filmed the whole thing and held the diploma of anyone who did anything even remotely fun. A beach ball landed right in front of me. I picked it up and smashed it into the crowd and they even threatened to hold mine but they were bluffing. I remember one lady, to this day I loathe her, she was going absolutely nuts after the ceremony. Saying the parents were more immature than the kids. Funny how a few beach balls can bring this woman's world crashing down.

Makes me wonder if it's even legal to hold a diploma.. What are they going to do? send you back to 9th grade?

Last edited:
Yeah they were pretty serious about our graduation too. They filmed the whole thing and held the diploma of anyone who did anything even remotely fun. A beach ball landed right in front of me. I picked it up and smashed it into the crowd and they even threatened to hold mine but they were bluffing. I remember one lady, to this day I loathe her, she was going absolutely nuts after the ceremony. Saying the parents were more immature than the kids. Funny how a few beach balls can bring this woman's world crashing down.

Makes me wonder if it's even legal to hold a diploma.. What are they going to do? send you back to 9th grade?
i dont know if it is or not. does anyone now?

Ah yes Ewesheep - I graduated the year after you, those were the days eh? Funny thing is, I don't remember any prank we played (of course, I was a bit of a goodie two shoes, so probably didn't get invited along, LOL)
I graduated the same time as you and ewesheep. We were really so harmless! We didn't have an actual "Senior prank" but the teachers we loved to hate always found a little something special every now and again from us.
One teacher was a lecherous old man, always trying to flirt with and touch the girls. EW. (This was back before much was done about that kind of thing) so we filled his new car with confetti. We emptied every hole puncher for weeks into garbage bags until we had enough. He had a brand spanking new cougar, in shiny red, with chrome everywhere. yep-to the tops of the windows.
gig.gif

I think he cried. We didn't do any permanent damage, it just took weeks for him to get all those little circles out of his vents!

Another time we disliked a teachers homework over the weekend policy...we went to a trick store (remember those?) and got stinky spray. I forget what it was called, but it was NASTY) and every persons homework, in every class that was due on a monday....yeah. They stunk and stunk BAD. It didn't cure her, (Stubborn old biddy) but jeez the laughs we got.

My son is graduating from high school in a few days and apparent there is a "war on pranks" I got cans of silly string at the dollar store so that he and his theater geek friends could whip them out at them end of the ceremony but it turns out that the kids will be searched before donning their caps and gowns. Sad.

After his graduation my older son (he's 24 now) did a 15 bottle Mintos and diet coke fountain "salute" on the schools' lawn. It was not as well known back then as it is now and his science teacher actually changed his chemistry grade from a "B" to an "A". And thus the story of how this became a defining moment was born.... Our family lore is that this grade change got him into a much better college and launched his career and an industrial engineer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom