Hip Hillbilly Acres Brood No. 4

For instance I do not see me going forward with:

Silkies, Dixie Rainbows, Ameraucanas, Welsummers, and Turkens already. Unless they do something pretty spectacular.

The best way to know is to try them out.

I got my beloved Blue Australorps by accident, as a substitute for a breed the store didn't have (the hatchery hadn't shipped any).

Guess what!! Yesterday I fell in infatuation with another breed. 😳 Perhaps come spring I can pay forward/donate/give away 10 chickens somehow to make room and get 5 of my newest chicken love interest:

Bielefelder 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👍🏾🤣💃🏿
:gig:gig:gig:lau:lau

Honestly though mine is a mix and I would love to have more different ones but I know eventually with my Ameraucana cockerel I will end up with a mix of Ameraucana’s or just Ameraucanas. I really can’t decided which ones I like best out of what I have but I do not want anymore Brown Leghorns. Those 2 aren’t very loving….like not at all!

Seeing baby pictures early is a great way to start the day! Thanks for sharing photos of the fluffies.

I always thought I wanted a Welsummer, until I got one. My only girl proved to be quite flighty and short-lived. I am, however, a fan of your new fav, the Bielefelder. I only have one, but Liesl is a beautiful girl who lays nice-sized eggs and has quite a bit of personality.

I am a big fan of mixed flocks. Aside from Cochins (full-sized, Bantam and including one Bantam frizzle), I don't have more than three of any single breed.
One of the sites I visited yesterday said that they also lay extra large eggs sometimes! Woo wee, I'm down for that!

Now I am very curious about how many of my Bubble Bunch are cockerels. I await the loud crow. 📣📢

Back
Top Bottom