Hip issues

Thankyou for the feedback! She is relatively healthy (eating, drinking, pooping, and sleeping) but its just that she has not been herself at all. She's stopped laying, squawking, running, scratching, and flapping. Do you think it is a disease/sickness or is it possible that it's just a leg/hip injury? Her toenails were getting a bit overgrown as she stopped scratching around so my sister helped me trim them. @Tycine1 it is coming into Autumn now where I live so it's starting to cool down.
She does not like to stand on one leg and I haven't seen her stretch in ages and she just overall doesn't like to stand. I'm just wondering if she is in pain? The way she hobbles around seems like she is. Is there anything we can do to make her more comfortable? The thing with the dark spots is that she got them like a year ago. Could they still be bug bites?
Thankyou again.

Her tail position does not look too bad. She may be a hatchery New Hampshere breed. I would watch her droppings for anything abnormal, and try to get her eating her chicken feed. Adding a bit of water and a spoonful of plain yogurt can make it more interesting. Worming her might be a good thing to do at this time. Valbazen or SafeGuard are very good ones.

The thing with the dark spots is that she got them like a year ago.
I agree, I would see that she's eating/drinking. Consider de-worming.

If the darkish spots have been there a year, then I wouldn't be concerned with those.

Back
Top Bottom