Hippy fish breeding!

I am looking into getting some fish and guppies seem a perfect option. Your new male is wonderful. Yes, he may not have the largest tail but his genetics look good from the picture. He does have a very straight back. I was wondering about guppies and bettas and they look like a no to me!

The Bettas are quite nice, but will fight amongst themselves. Best to stick with easier fish. Gups are fun and very easy to raise, keep, and breed. This thread died down a bit, but my fish keeping thread is great if you'd like more info and such. Many pics there too! :) ;)

Regards,
Leaf

The Bettas are quite nice, but will fight amongst themselves. Best to stick with easier fish. Gups are fun and very easy to raise, keep, and breed. This thread died down a bit, but my fish keeping thread is great if you'd like more info and such. Many pics there too! :) ;)

Regards,
Leaf

When I was Young my dad kept a tropical community tank with a betta. A lot of cardinals were kept in the tank with the bettas and they got on fine.

Wishes,
Dianacatz

When I was Young my dad kept a tropical community tank with a betta. A lot of cardinals were kept in the tank with the bettas and they got on fine.

Wishes,
Dianacatz

Cardinals? There are several different species of Cardinal fish. I assume that you mean the smaller species that only reaches two inches in length. Bettas can be kept with other community fish, but males will fight. Male Bettas will nip guppy's tails until they succumb from infection. Definitely not a great idea to keep guppies and Bettas in the same tank. Guppies, especially males, have long, inviting tails, while bettas are fast and see these tails as aggressors. I've successfully kept my female crowntail betta with my gups, but my male took chunks out of one of them.

Regards,
Leaf

Sorry, i should have been more prescice when telling you about the cardinals! Yes, they are the smaller species that only reach about two inches. Poor guppy though!

Wishes,
Diana

No problem. Just needed to know. Your father kept these with Bettas? Are you sure? I thought that cardinals were saltwater fish...

Regards,
Leaf

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom