Histomoniasis: Yellow Urate & Lethargy in Poult...

Pics
Do you know what cecal poop is? That's the darker slimy poop they do a couple of times a day. You got any pictures of that?
It was a liquid dark brown with a few yellowish streaks in it, he walked through it so it soaked into the towel before I could get a pic of it. He's standing in another one in this mornings pen poo picture.
20200228_093535.jpg

Okay. The problem with blackhead if that they usually get secondary infections, which is why you are giving metronidazole and baytril. Adding the Corid might help if he has coccidiosis too.
If it happens to be something else shouldn't this all take care of most other infections too though?
And do I need to figure out how to get him some probiotics or something like that?

If it happens to be something else shouldn't this all take care of most other infections too though?
And do I need to figure out how to get him some probiotics or something like that?
If he also has NE, which is possible, you would need to increase the metronidazole to twice a day, but metronidazole can be hard on the liver, so I am hesitant to suggest that right now. But yes, the combo of the three drugs should cover these things.

remind me, do you know how to tube feed?

If he also has NE, which is possible, you would need to increase the metronidazole to twice a day, but metronidazole can be hard on the liver, so I am hesitant to suggest that right now. But yes, the combo of the three drugs should cover these things.

remind me, do you know how to tube feed?
I've got the oxygen tubing that I used for his medicine & pedialyte the other day. I haven't "fed" him with it though.

Back
Top Bottom