~Histoplasmosis~ Do you take precautions around your bird?

_Randall_

Songster
10 Years
Nov 3, 2009
Grenada, Ms
http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/hi97146.html
It's a fairly lengthy read, but I'm wondering if the "dust" I've been enhaling while fooling with my birds every day has been the reason I've been on a strong antibiotic for about a month now trying to rid a chronic sinus infection. I've had allergy and sinus problems for years, but have had a horrible time with it for the past few months. I've just started wearing a dust mask when doing stuff around my birds, and thinking about going to a respirator. I'm too into the quail thing to be told that I need to get rid of them to get rid of my health problem
sad.png
It's something to think about.
Your thoughts??

Last edited:
They do throw off a lot of dust and it is possible it is aggrevating your problem. Go find one of your paint stores and get the painting masks they have. Around 20 bucks at my auto paint store and came with extra filter pads. Nothing gets through those babies because they are rated for fumes.

Quote:
DONT COUGH ON THE QUAIL! GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT YOU'D GIVE THEM....
lau.gif

LOL............I try to muffle coughs, sneezes, and any other alarming sound a human can make around them. The covey-rise reaction stirs up a LARGE dust storm now that the crowd has done gotten bigger......

Quote:
I'm sorry you're a victim of the illness. Thanks for the testimony, and hope your health takes a turn for the better.
smile.png

Just FYI.............I moved 54 Bobs from the brooder to the "big bird" pen today, and wore a dust mask. But with all the excitement of those little boogers cuttin' up sideways, it would've been noticable to a near-blind man all the "poultry" dust that was spewed in that room. Again, yeah.........the dust mask was a weak precaution, but it makes me wonder just what I would've inhalded without the mask that would shorten my life! ......... Just sayin'.............

Back
Top Bottom