histoplasmosis-

bonney99

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 22, 2013
Gloucester
Hi Everyone
I want to comment on a post I read about histoplasmosis.
I have kept aviaries, chickens and pigeon since I was 10years of age so around 30years. Day before yesterday I was cleaning the chicken coop and looked up to see where my girls were stood as they often treat me as a moving target. As I looked up a hot acid like poop hit my eye ball and caused considerable pain. After a visit to A&E yesterday I learn that I may of contracted Histoplasmosis directly. Which in short means I may go blind if the spores are found. I had never heard of this before.
I'm very hands on and kiss all of my birds and keep many including wild hand reared in the home. Don't get me wrong it's not a pet grotto as I spend 5 hrs a day cleaning them all. I have a special vacuum that I use in the pigeon and chicken area's. It's rare to see more than half a dozen poo's in my coop at any time so I am hoping that this fanatical hygiene I keep for my birds will save my sight. I'm writing this because I want to warn others that the condition is real and just like cancer it has no cure.

First things first
welcome-byc.gif
always goo to see a new egg
jumpy.gif

I myself started young and have been doing this for some 50
years and have never seen or heard of this but with my bailing
sight I do believe I keep the glasses on as I truly understand
being poo'ed on wile cleaning the coop .......

gander007
old.gif

Welcome to BYC - do a computer search on 'ocular histoplasmosis treatments' - good luck, and hopefully all is well.

Back
Top Bottom