Hobbies for anxiety?

You can view, but not ask questions in chat without an account.
Awesome!
Yeah, it's been interesting. Especially once I found out this isn't normal for other people. When I was a kid, I would pretend to "break" my thumb and enjoy watching people freak out. I was a weird kid. šŸ˜…

Oh wow!
I wind the yarn around my finger while working, so it's harder to drop. Maybe try that?
Good idea, I'll try that! šŸ„° I have a lovely lavender yarn I'm using and I'm still not sure what I want to make with it. I just want something easy. šŸ˜†

Oooh, tough one! Hmm. šŸ¤” I really love baking bread and bread products. Recently learned to make scones. Mmmmm, blueberry scones with lemon curd. :drool
I'm now hungry at 3am. šŸ˜† That sounds amazing!

And I made hallah bread. My favorite tv cook is Molly Yeh on "Girl Meets Farm," she is so fun and shows you how to make things, with the recipe and everything, not just "some" of this and "a little" of that. Plus she's so cute, charming and funny. Here's my hallah bread from her show:

View attachment 2731828
:eek: :love :drool That looks soooooo good!!!

Awesome!

Yeah, it's been interesting. Especially once I found out this isn't normal for other people. When I was a kid, I would pretend to "break" my thumb and enjoy watching people freak out. I was a weird kid. šŸ˜…

Good idea, I'll try that! šŸ„° I have a lovely lavender yarn I'm using and I'm still not sure what I want to make with it. I just want something easy. šŸ˜†
I'll tag you on farm chatter with some easy projects and a picture of how I hold my thread.

All you comments put a
Same! :love

Yes!! And we have a wild rabbit that has been hanging around. Fun to watch her, too.

View attachment 2731079

...my rooster, Patriot, ran after this little fellow one day determined to mate with her. :he The rabbit was not fond of the idea and ran into the woods. šŸ˜…

šŸ˜

Yes!!!

šŸ„°

Love those verses. šŸ’•
All your comments put a smile on my face!!! Glad the little bunny got away!
šŸ˜‰šŸ˜†

My anxiety has been through the roof lately because my chickens are sick, and besides that, some family members are going through some bad times; my brother seems to be attracted to alcohol more than he should. I feel guilty because I've been neglecting my coop in my attempts to make him recover. Now, I have to cope with more problems, and I'm so anxious and nervous. Do interventions work in such cases? Should I try to help him, or should I let him figure this out on his own? I am also looking for a piece of advice and some encouragement.

My anxiety has been through the roof lately because my chickens are sick, and besides that, some family members are going through some bad times; my brother seems to be attracted to alcohol more than he should. I feel guilty because I've been neglecting my coop in my attempts to make him recover. Now, I have to cope with more problems, and I'm so anxious and nervous. Do interventions work in such cases? Should I try to help him, or should I let him figure this out on his own? I am also looking for a piece of advice and some encouragement.
This thread is over a year old, so responses are unlikely. If you make your own thread in the Emergencies Forum, we can help you with your sick chickens. The Forums button/dropdown is at the top left if you use a computer to access this site.

There are some Social Forums as well that you might post your concerns about your brother in. I would encourage you to also look for professional in-person/virtual help.

Welcome to BYC!

Back
Top Bottom