Hobbled but Keeps Falling Over

JulieTK

Hatching
Jan 31, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I've searched for the answer to my question but cannot find it anywhere. I have a 3 day old Isbar chick, who hatched upside down (with assistance). She seemed fine at first but now has one splayed leg & is a bit wobbly. Eating & drinking ok, but leg seems to be getting worse. I've checked the hock and it seems to be ok. Yesterday, I hobbled her for about 2 hours - she hated it and kept falling over on her side and just lying there; I had to go to work, so took the hobble off and put her back in with her three sisters (much happier!). Today, the leg is out again, so I've re-hobbled her, and she just flops over on her side. I feel mean, but I know this will help her.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

:welcome Can you adjust the hobbles so that they are not as tight ?
tried that, but then the bad leg just slides out to the side again. can't find anything on the web about this at all & all the pics I see, the chicks stand up fine. Seems a little better today with the new hobble on.

Attachments

• IMG_5068.jpg
    IMG_5068.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 10
I got 1 too, speckles sussex 1 leg weak...stands ok but walking has troubl...sissy kept sitting on her so i separated them. Its not splayed leg...i am baffled...
Also
Whats a hobble?

Back
Top Bottom