HOBBY FARM OUT OF CONTROL

xdmsd3d

In the Brooder
Sep 17, 2016
A few years ago I walked into the feed store to get chicken food for my neighbors. I heard ducklings and decided that would be a cute Easter gift for my kids. And 5 years later I have a petting zoo. I have milking goats, pot bellied pigs, meat pigs, laying hens, meat chickens, a peacock, cochin roosters, quail, rabbits, a ferret, guine pigs, dogs, cats. By far my favorite are my ducks. I have various breeds but my favorite are Moscovy.

Alot of what I have were rescuses or "visitors" who were only going to be here for a few days. Lol that never works.
Up to this point I have been winging it. But I am ready to start figuring out what I am doing. Would be great to have the critters help pay for some of their up keep.

Any and all advise is welcome thank you in advance.

Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

A few years ago I walked into the feed store to get chicken food for my neighbors. I heard ducklings and decided that would be a cute Easter gift for my kids. And 5 years later I have a petting zoo. I have milking goats, pot bellied pigs, meat pigs, laying hens, meat chickens, a peacock, cochin roosters, quail, rabbits, a ferret, guine pigs, dogs, cats. By far my favorite are my ducks. I have various breeds but my favorite are Moscovy.

Alot of what I have were rescuses or "visitors" who were only going to be here for a few days. Lol that never works.
Up to this point I have been winging it. But I am ready to start figuring out what I am doing. Would be great to have the critters help pay for some of their up keep.

Great to have you here! Sounds like you'll fit in just fine!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

advanced chicken math.jpg

welcome farmer connie 1.jpg to final.gif
backyard.jpg chickens.jpg
Farm math... :rolleyes: We go into financial dyer straights as soon as fall arrives. We sell a planned batch of show pig prospects and then food costs start to come from out of pocket. I can't tell you how to manage your stock but I can tell you that if your are in over your head it would be best to liquidate down to a comfortable & reasonable size. Spring is on our doorsteps.. newbies and seasoned folks are looking for stock.
Place ads at your local feed stores and explore the craigslist option.
In 30 days your phone will be ringing off the hook. Spring is a magical time.
Just saying- I've been there many times, scratching my head from farm math..
best regards..
-connie

Welcome to the family! :frow
Your place sounds just like mine... When you figure out how to get em to pay for their keep let me know! :D
Hope you enjoy the site. You'll find lots of experience, knowledge and support from wonderful peeps!:love

Back
Top Bottom