sonicsix

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2019
Brent, AL
The wife and I are hobby farmers and we have 22 acres of land, 3 miniature horses, 2 miniature donkeys, 8 pygmy goats, and 10 chickens. We got the chickens suddenly when someone wanted to give away a store bought coop and their chickens. We've built them a much larger area to be in at night and they free range during the day. I'll get some pictures up soon.

Our rooster is a 6 month old Barred Rock, we have 2 Barred Rock Hens, 5 Buff Orpington hens, and 2 little black chickens that we don't know what they are. We like the chickens for the eggs of course, and they are entertaining to watch. We may gets some Frizzled Polish chickens just because they look different. We get a lot of people stopping by the farm to feed and pet the animals, so some funky chickens would be a good addition.

Our hobbies consist of working on the farm, we love it. I am 55 and the wife is 60 and we are both retired. It gives us something to do and the grand children love the farm. We stumbled across BYC while looking for coop ideas but quickly found out there is lots more information here than we can learn from.

I ride a Honda NM4 motorcycle, hence the profile pic. Y'all have a blessed day! Jerry and Cynthia

biggerpond.jpg
RibbonCutting06.jpg
IMG_20190430_192353914.jpg

Hello Jerry / Cynthia and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom